Wednesday 24 April 2013

Around South Africa in 80 desserts




From sticky Malva pudding to cinnamon dusted milk tarts, coconut ice at church bazaars to marshmallows roasting on an open braai, these are just some of the desserts and sweet things that make South Africa unique.


I have been blogging for a couple of months now and cooking up a storm while sharing my delicious recipes with my avid readers, but yet my blog feels like it is missing that certain ‘je ne sais quoi’. I love cooking and I love writing about it, but I also love a good challenge.

I've decided to set out on a journey into the unknown by making 80 of South Africa’s traditional desserts. This journey will be dedicated to cooking whilst exploring the rich South African culinary history. I will be discovering all of the old school as well as new school desserts, puddings and sweet treats strictly indigenous to our beautiful country.

 My challenge if I choose to accept it:


Cooking my way through 80 of South Africa’s most loved desserts and puddings. 

This challenge will start as soon as this post hits the Internet and will expire at midnight on November 11th 2013. I will have exactly 200 days to complete my challenge and raise R8000.00

So if you are a lover of all things sweet then join me on my journey as I blog my way through 80 South African desserts. Your comments, contributions and support will be much appreciated during this time. At the end of it all I would hopefully have made 80 desserts, and have created the first blog with a vast variety of traditional South African desserts all housed under one cyber ‘roof’.

 So I guess there is only one thing left to say...

Lets cook! 

No comments:

Post a Comment