Saturday 18 August 2012

Engen 1 Plus Shop & Corner Bakery - Review


Although it would be nice to write great reviews on every restaurant or deli out there, it is simply just not possible. We do encounter the worst of the worst sometimes. I regrettably had an unforgettable encounter last night with what I can only describe is “bloody horrific”. I’ve always like pies and yes I know its junk food and bad for me, but who can resist those beauties after a good night of drinking?  Not even 500meters from my apartment in Durbanville there is an ‘Engen 1 Plus Shop’ with a ‘Corner Bakery’ and ‘Steers’ on Willie Van Schoor Ave. I’ve overlooked the fact in the past that, that specific branch isn’t very good. After last night I just thought enough is enough! Why do I have to pay through my ass for something as simple as a bloody pie that I can’t and won’t even feed to my dog, let alone my goldfish? 



The service was a joke! I got the impression that the staff was doing me a favour by getting up and actually helping me. I waited nearly 15 minutes before I received any service. There was no one else in the shop! The ladies at the counter saw me standing and waiting, but none of them would get up to help me. It was probably rude of me to walk into a Corner Bakery at an Engen 1 Plus Shop and expect to be helped by the staff while they are sleeping or having fat conversations with each other. Next time I will bring them some tea and a blanket!

After being rudely spoken to for DARING to ask what pies are available and god forbid if they were fresh I was able to go home after 25 minutes with my frozen goods. I asked for a pepper steak and Cornish pie. I received a steak & kidney pie and something that resembled spinach and what looked like feta pie. The pies were dry, NOT fresh and just horrible. Not even a generous amount of tomato sauce could save those puppies.

Shitty service and horrible pies! I will NOT be going back for any food from the Corner Bakery. I will be going back to bring those blankets, tea and to sing them lullabies!

WHAT A JOKE! 

1 comment:

  1. I bought a pie from the Engen in Meadowridge on Friday Night and there was a green arsed fly buried in the underneath of the pastry. How sick is that one - I too will not be back to buy any of their "products".

    ReplyDelete